Thursday, October 31, 2013

It's fall


Happy Halloween! October is done ...it's been a great month, I've had a lot of fun so let's get going!

I love my Air Force job. I love the fact that everyone I meet on the outside asks what kind of plane I fly and my response is "I don't." We're a close-knit group of seasoned, salty truck-drivers that reminisce of days past.  We swap stories from our times in Iraq and Afghanistan; DV-runs so outrageous that only we could appreciate them.

Last week some good friends and I had the opportunity to once again prove that the Air Force isn't just about planes. We got called to do what we do best ...move a lot of stuff; quick, fast and in a hurry.

Long story short, we rocked it and exceeded EVERY expectation! 


In the end when everything got where it needed to go, we got exactly what we expected ...nothing. But, that's okay. It comes with the territory. I'm sure some readers out there would say I'm bitter or ate-up. I've met plenty of people here that think that way. But, that's fine; they can have their opinions. I'm proud to do this job. I'm proud to work with these men and women in my career field and I'm so proud to work with so many others in the other countless, thankless career fields out there.


Last weekend I got to spend some time with these people ...at a ballet of all places. It was so fantastic to just get out, wear something other than a uniform and enjoy dinner and the arts with like-minded people.

                                                         
                                                       ***DISCLAIMER***
Views expressed on this site are my own and do not constitute that of the United States Air Force.







No comments:

Post a Comment