Sunday, October 26, 2014

An American in Paris ... yeah I went, once!

The year is 1997. The location is Folly Beach, SC.

It's the Tomko reunion, and there's roughly twenty-some Yankees occupying a beach-front property on Folly Island. I forget what day or night of the reunion it is, but it's roughly 2am and everyone is asleep ... except for me. There's an impressive lightning show off the Atlantic Ocean, so I decide to head up to the pier to check it out. I guess dad left the radio on Q104.5 because I remember hearing a familiar voice, but not necessarily knowing the song. The voice was from The Doors' Jim Morrison. And it was a combination of Jim's poem and song, "Stoned Immaculate," and "Texas Radio."

Unfortunately I couldn't find them both together, but take a listen ...


then this ...



I'm not sure why THIS is my first post since May, but I hope you enjoy it none-the-less.

It's been a crazy, exciting and fun 2014 thus far. I'll tell you all about it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment