Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Au Revoir Charleston!

Downtown Chuktown!
I feel compelled to write about this past week because it’ll be a while until I return to Charleston. In short, last week couldn’t have been better and everything that needed to get done, got done. What I mean by that is that I got to spend time with my friends, family and church community; I got to spend time taking care of the things that matter.
White Point Gardens
 

50 Cal.

It all started during church, two Sundays ago. The message was entitled White Flag and talked about truly forgiving others, ourselves and that this can only happen through pursuing a lifestyle more devoted to Jesus Christ. It’s sort of funny; for so long I lived my life without wanting to be closer to Him, but now that I’ve seen the power that only comes through Him, I wonder how I could’ve ever wanted anything else.
Neck shot at 100 meters w/ 50 Cal. 
A long time ago I heard my pastor give a great analogy about watching football on a big screen television and doing fellowship with our neighbors.  He explained that while things like televisions are just material possessions, it’s what we do with them that can make all the difference. We can invite our neighbors into our home, not to gloat about our material possessions, but to use these possessions as a catalyst to spend time with and get to know one another.
 Paul zeroing in

 Playing Pearl Jam w/ Butch
 
 
I’m so grateful that I got to spend last week with those that mean the most to me!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're doing well. Stay safe, and can't wait to hang when you return!

    --Katelyn

    ReplyDelete