Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fired up

Ever since I've been boots-on-the-ground again, I've been reading a great running column in the Stars and Stripes about the social division of the veteran and the civilian in America today entitled "The Great Divide." It got me thinking about my experiences while I was on active duty, a reservist attending college and my hiatus from it all when I went inactive for a short time.

There's a HUGE division between the military member, their family, the civilian and it IS a problem.

I'm not arguing that one side is always right while the other is wrong. I'm arguing that there are too many people who don't take personal accountability anymore; either in public service or the private sector.

I'm embarrassed as a servicemember that the majority of military news stories in the media focus on sexual assault or VA CEOs getting kickbacks when veteran's claims are so backed up. I'm embarrassed as a resident of SC that Mark Sanford was able to become so successful again after he committed adultery, lied and abandoned his post.

Watch "Nine Inch Nails - Capital G Live Melbourne 15/05/07" on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment