Friday, April 25, 2014

Untitled ...not the Pearl Jam song!

Today some good friends of mine came back home from their deployments, it got me inspired to put some thoughts down.

One ASVAB book down, one more to go and 400 more flashcards to study before I take the test again ...in a couple weeks that is. And, most likely re-class into another, "career?!"

Excitement is definitely an understatement though. As I'm writing, I can't help but think of the past several years I've spent in Charleston.

I'll miss it, but it ain't what it used to be ...that's for damn sure!

People came and went ...so did the greatest radio station of all time, 96 Wave! I weep for the young men and women in the Lowcountry subjected to "shlock-rock" offered through the current stations.

Soon, I'll load up my truck with all that I've accumulated over my thirty years of existence and move to a place I've only visited for a week. But, there is no fear. Fear can't compete when the Lord puts people into your life that you just don't want to be without.

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined something like this, but it's here and I can't wait!










No comments:

Post a Comment